NDAC Accreditation of Dialysis Facilities
Accreditation is a vehicle by which healthcare providers demonstrate their ability to meet the healthcare standards of an approved accreditation organization. NDAC is a dialysis accreditation organization formed by dialysis experts to provide accreditation services exclusively to the dialysis industry. Dialysis providers can be assured that our standards are familiar and based on our commitment to closely mirror CMS’s ESRD regulatory requirements.
NDAC provides accreditation services in compliance with CMS requirements. Providers who utilize NDAC’s service can expect renewal of accreditation surveys to occur every 33 to 36 months.
Dialysis providers utilizing NDAC’s accreditation service benefit in the following ways:
- Faster speed-to-market for initial approval of denovo dialysis clinics compared to navigating through the certification process with a state health department
- Predictable survey interval
- Outside review of facilities by dialysis experts
- Demonstrated commitment to improved quality, lowered risks, and improved patient outcomes
NDAC’s 5-Step Program to Accreditation and Deemed Status
- Contact the NDAC office to speak with a representative - We are happy to provide information and an assessment of your needs
- Complete the NDAC Accreditation Application and submit the application fee
- Execute the NDAC Accreditation Agreement and Business Associate Agreement
- Prepare your organization for meeting NDAC’s Standards and submit your Letter of Readiness for survey to NDAC
- Participate collaboratively in hosting the unannounced NDAC survey and successfully correct any identified deficiencies within the prescribed timeframe